Today composer support for eclipse PDT is available. The project was originally created by Robert Gründler. In my fork I added an editor to manipulate the composer.json. We both made composer in a pdt a delicious experience. It ships with the following features:
- Full fledged composer.json editor
- Search on packagist.org from within eclipse
- Install / Update dependencies
- Create new Composer projects
- Automatic buildpath management for dependencies
- Improved dependency graph
Find more on the composer-plugin website for install instructions. Contribute by adding a ticket to or even more funnier, fork the code and send us a pull-request with your desired changes.